Skip to Content
Call or Text Today! 703-520-7571
Fiance Visa I-129F

Lawyer for Fiancé(e) Visa I-129F in Alexandria, VA

The Fiancé(e) Visa I-129F applies to individuals who are engaged to be married and who wish to bring their foreign-born fiancé(e) to the U.S. The process involving this visa can be much faster than getting married abroad and then adjusting status. However, fees are also more expensive. Furthermore, more limitations apply to who can file a fiancée visa over a normal I-130 for a spouse.

Mughal Law Firm offers highly experienced legal help in this matter. Our attorney focuses his entire practice on U.S. immigration law; this gives you the advantage of working with a professional who is never side-tracked by other areas of law and has a proven track record of getting client results. 

Submit our online contact form or call (703) 520-7571 to schedule a consultation with our Alexandria attorney for Fiancé(e) Visa I-129F. 

Eligibility Requirements for the Visa I-129F

The I-129F petition is used to bring a fiancé(e) (K-1) to the U.S. for marriage. It also allows the children of the foreign national fiancé(e) to accompany or follow them through a K-2 visa. 

To petition for your fiancé€, you must be eligible as a U.S. citizen who can marry. You also cannot be a registered sex offender or have committed a violent crime in the past. 

Eligibility requirements include: 

  • Intention to marry: Both partners must genuinely intend to marry within 90 days of the fiancé(e) entering the United States.
  • Legal capability to marry: Both parties must be legally free to marry, meaning any previous marriages must be legally terminated through divorce, death, or annulment.
  • Physical meeting: The U.S. citizen and their fiancé(e) must have met in person at least once within the two years preceding the filing of the I-129F petition unless meeting in person would violate strict, long-established customs of the fiancé(e)’s foreign culture or would result in extreme hardship to the U.S. citizen. Certain waivers are available for this requirement if it cannot legitimately be met.

Hear From Our Happy Clients

At Mughal Law Firm, your satisfaction is our priority! See for yourself what our clients have to say about working with us.

    "Forever Grateful"
    Shawn listened to my concerns and explained every outcome. He is a driven, hard-working, experienced attorney, and I recommend his services to anyone who seeks to reconcile their business or contract cases.
    - Quanika T.
    "Great Overall Experience"
    I have nothing but positive things to say about Attorney Shawn Mughal. He’s helped me beat both my cases with results only a true Attorney with his expertise would be able to accomplish.
    - Kat A.
    "Highly recommended for reliable results!"
    Mughal Law Firm was prompt, professional, and knowledgeable. They supported me throughout, clearly explaining everything and answering all my questions. Their honesty and realism about my options were refreshing. Highly recommended!
    - Annam M.
    "Prompt, professional, and truly there for you."
    Mughal Law Firm was prompt, professional, and knowledgeable. They supported me throughout the process, explaining everything clearly and answering all my questions. Their honesty and realism about my options were refreshing. Highly recommended for reliable results!
    - Annam M.
    "Highly Recommend"
    Very happy with the lawyer. My case took a long time but he never gave up. I recommend Attorney Mughal.
    - Guadalupe M.


You must submit your birth or naturalization certificate to USCIS to prove you are a U.S. citizen. You will also need proof that you met in the past two years and statements of your intent to marry within the 90-day timeframe after arriving in the U.S. 

It is also helpful to prove your relationship; this can include text messages or the equivalent to show that you have been in communication and that your relationship is valid. 

The Process

The process for the Form I-129F includes the following steps: 

  • Filing the petition: The U.S. citizen sponsor initiates the process by filing Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
  • Notice of action: If the petition is approved, USCIS sends a notice to the petitioner and forwards the case to the National Visa Center (NVC).
  • Visa application: The NVC notifies the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) to apply for the K-1 visa and attend a visa interview at a U.S. embassy or consulate in their home country.
  • Medical examination: The fiancé(e) must undergo a medical examination by an authorized physician.
  • Interview: The fiancé(e) attends the visa interview and provides all necessary documentation and proof of the relationship.

Helping Unite Families Since 2013

Why Choose Mughal Law Firm?
  • Client Centered Approach
    Our solutions are tailored to your specific objectives and needs.
  • Providing Service in Spanish
    Immigration help provided by a Spanish-speaking team.
  • We Only Handle Immigration
    We're exclusively focused on handling immigration cases.
  • Virtual Consultation Available
    Meet with our immigration lawyers during a virtual consultation!

Why K-1 Visas Are Sometimes Denied

Fiancé(e) visa applications may be denied for several reasons, including but not limited to:

  • Incomplete forms or incorrect information: Errors in the petition or application can lead to denial.
  • Insufficient evidence of relationship: Valid proof has not been presented that the relationship is genuine and not intended to circumvent immigration laws.
  • Ineligibility for marriage: Issues exist, such as not meeting the legal requirements for marriage in the U.S. or not having physically met within the required timeframe.
  • Public charge: The U.S. citizen sponsor does not meet the income requirements to support the fiancé(e) in the U.S.

What To Expect at the Visa Interview

During the visa interview, the consular officer will question the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) to determine the authenticity of the relationship and ensure that the K-1 visa requirements are met. 

Applicants should be prepared to present proof of their relationship, including photographs, correspondence, and other documents substantiating their engagement. Additionally, the fiancé(e) must prove that they will not become a public charge in the U.S. and have no legal impediments to marriage.

Get legal help from our Alexandria Fiancé(e) visa lawyer by contacting us at (703) 520-7571. Serving you in Fairfax County, Arlington County, Northern Virginia, and nationwide.

Continue Reading Read Less

Contact Us Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy
Office Location